My wife doesn't like sweet breakfasts and is bored with buttered toast. Here's a fast-to-make couscous concoction with lots of savory flavors. Also suitable as a dinner side-dish. Ingredients are for 1 serving.
Put in a microwaveable bowl:
- About 1 to 1½ tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil (Toscano is extra-yummy). Replace part of the olive oil with butter if you want.
- 1 teaspoon "Better Than Bouillon" roasted chicken base.
- ⅔ cup hot water
- ⅓ cup couscous (the fine-grained variety, not the BBs)
Heat in microwave until shortly before it boils over. Stir, then microwave at 10% power for 6 minutes.
- A generous quantity of smoked paprika
- A few tablespoonfuls of crumbled or chopped-up blue cheese.